Here are some helpful resources for eligibility:
To read about ASPSA's process for monitoring eligibility, scroll down ...
Initial Eligibility Review
- ASPSA coordinates the initial eligibility review for all incoming freshmen student-athletes and transfer student-athletes. The review also includes members of the Eligibility Team and the Chair of the Faculty Academic Committee.
- Each record is reviewed for final official information verifying eligibility prior to any student-athlete attending class. In the event that final official documentation is not available, case-by-case decisions are made by the E-team to determine the appropriateness of the student-athletes attending class and/or receiving athletics aid.
Continuing Eligibility Review
- Each student-athlete record is reviewed after each semester to determine academic eligibility based on NCAA/NC State eligibility rules and regulations.
- The faculty members of the Council on Athletics are required to attend a training session developed and administered by ASPSA to review the continuing eligibility rules and review the process.
- Prior to the review, a meeting takes place with Registration and Records to review the spreadsheet that is provided and the supporting academic information for each student-athlete to ensure that the most effective and efficient review process takes place.
- In addition, each record is reviewed by an ASPSA staff member to identify any issues/concerns/ or special circumstances that require additional documentation from the department or from the ASPSA.
- Following the review, all discrepancies in the review are identified and reviewed again by the Faculty Athletic Representative prior to final certification of squad lists.
Under 12 List
- Prior to the 5th day of classes, all students enrolled in less than 12 credit hours need to be approved by the E-Team.
- A daily email report is generated by Registration & Records identifying any student-athlete enrolled in less than 12 credit hours. This email report is sent to the Vice Provost for Enrollment Management, Director of ASPSA, Associate Athletic Director, Director of Compliance, and Assistant Director of Eligibility. If a new student is identified as being less than 12 hours, the coach, sport administrator, academic coordinator, and compliance is notified that the student cannot practice or compete until they are above 12 credit hours or have been approved to be in less than 12 hours.
Add/Drop Form for Student Athletes
- In Fall 2007, ASPSA and The Office of Registration and Records implemented a procedure to carefully monitor any add or drop that takes place after the University’s last day to add and prior to the last day to drop.
- Student-athletes must obtained written approval by their Academic Coordinator and the Assistant Director of Eligibility prior to any schedule change. After the document is signed and eligibility status is assessed, the Office of Registration and Records will then process the schedule change.
Monitor Daily Schedule Changes
- A daily email report identifying any changes to student-athlete schedules is reviewed by the Eligibility Coordinator and academic coordinators. Issues that are identified impacting eligibility are addressed immediately.