Student Athlete Program Involvement Policy
Tutoring is a privilege. You may lose tutoring privileges at any time based on behavior and/or blatant disregard of expectations.
5-Point Policy (fall and spring semester)/ 3-Point Policy (each summer session)
- 1 no show (15 min over or did not show) = 1 point
- 1 tardy (less than 15 minutes) = 1/2 point
- 1 unprepared session = 1/2 point
- Unprepared = If a tutor states this in a session report and/or an Academic Skills Enhancement Program administrator observes
- Students are expected to bring syllabi and class materials (books, notes, calculator, etc) to each session or it will count as an unprepared session
- If a tutor requires a student to bring specific items to the next tutor session and the student did not follow through, then it will constitute as an unprepared session
- Should a student-athlete reach 5 points, then the student-athlete loses his/her individual tutoring privileges from the Academic Skills Enhancement Program for the rest of the semester. Should a student-athlete reach 3 points in a summer session, then the student-athlete loses his/her individual privileges from the Academic Skills Enhancement Program.
- The following business day the Assistant Director of the Academic Skills Enhancement Program will email official notification of each point to the Head Coach, Academic Coach, Director of ASPSA and Academic Coordinator. The Sport Administrator will be added starting with the 2nd point.
- The Assistant Director of the Academic Skills Enhancement Program will notify the student by email and cc the Academic Coordinator starting with the 2nd point.
- A student athlete may lose individual tutoring privileges at any point in the semester based on behavior issues at the discretion of the Academic Skills Enhancement Program Assistant Director.
- Academic Skills Enhancement Program staff will be paid for the session length if the staff member remains in his/her location during that time and must be available to work with other student-athletes or help with the Program’s administrators. If the staff member chooses to leave, then the staff member must sign out and not be paid for the remainder of the time.
Student Athlete Reinstatement Policy
- If a student loses his/her privileges in a given semester, then the student will meet with a team of academic support administrators and a coach. It is at the discretion of the Assistant Director of the Academic Skills Enhancement Program to determine the ASEP support plan during a probation period and future involvement with ASEP.