The Academic Coordinators of the Academic Support Program for Student Athletes (ASPSA) serve as primary advisors for students who are in First Year College (undecided) and provide secondary advisement to students who are in declared majors.
Scroll down to read more about the advising roles of the Academic Coordinators ...
ASPSA Academic Coordinators are the advisors of record for any student athletes that are in the First Year College (undecided). In this role, each Coordinator will:
- Assist students in the registration process for the following semester.
- Provide information to students about intracampus transfer requirements as they explore different majors and move to matriculation.
- Provide information to students about North Carolina State University’s academic policies and procedures.
- Provide information to students about the NCAA rules and regulations impacting their eligibility.
ASPSA Academic Coordinator will also act as Supplemental Advisors for Student-Athletes in a Major. In this role, each Coordinator will:
- Pre-advise students during the registration process to be sure they are prepared to meet with their major advisor and are aware of their practice/travel schedule.
- Review class schedules once approved by the student’s major advisor for practice conflicts and to be sure that missed class time due to travel is minimized.
- Provide information to students about the NCAA rules and regulations impacting their eligibility